Claims support is the back bone of our business
We understand that the claims process can be complex, laborious and a proven strain on any business or individual following an unforeseen event. We therefore have an in house claims team who will work with you to understand your needs and priorities and find the most efficient and direct route to a claims solution. By having an in house claims team, we are able to guarantee a consistent level of service and responsiveness.
Please contact our claims handlers on:
- Dawn Cunningham (Claims Manager) on 0121 262 2821, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jonathan Field (Claims Handler) on 0121 262 2830, email@example.com
The personal touch
We understand that no two losses are the same. We provide a personalised consultancy service, rather than a standard operational process. We develop an in-depth understanding of our clients’ needs and decide upon the right route to resolution for each case.
We believe in the personal approach and like to meet clients face to face where possible including quarterly, six month or annual claims review meetings. This gives us a more comprehensive understanding of your specific requirements when it comes to resolving a claim.
Many years of experience across our claims team means that we have the insight and expertise to tailor the policy wordings to fit the most complex of scenarios. This reduces the chances of a policy not responding to a claim.
With claims specialists working alongside our account executives, we ensure claims resolution is a team effort and remains at the top of everyone’s priority list. This means regular discussion on claims trends, wording amendments and insurer performance, so that our products and services always remain competitive. It also means you will receive a consistent and positive experience regardless of who you speak to.
When loss or damage occurs or an accident happens, certain action must be taken in order to ensure that the insurer has no reason to dispute the claim which will be made. For your guidance, we therefore ask you to observe the following general procedures:
- Give prompt notification to Ernest R Shaw of any incident likely to give rise to a claim. In the case of a serious incident or where death or injury is involved, immediate notification should be given by fax or telephone.
- Advise the police, where so required by the policy conditions or by law e.g. where a theft occurs or where there is personal injury involving a motor vehicle.
- Make no admission of liability where injury to others or damage to their property is caused.
- If a third party is transporting your property and loss or damage occurs in transit, give the carrier full information within the stipulated time limit in addition to notifying Ernest R Shaw immediately.
- Comply with your duty to minimize loss or damage by protecting any damaged property and by generally acting as if uninsured.
- Allow the insurer reasonable access to inspect damaged property and do not dispose of it or repair it until the insurer has confirmed that it is in order to do so. If the full value of the property is paid by the insurer, the salvage becomes the property of the insurer and should continue to be protected until removed from the premises. Where there is substantial damage to property, it is normal practice for an insurer to appoint a loss adjuster to investigate the cause of the loss and to assist in quantifying the loss. Where an adjuster is appointed, Ernest R Shaw will maintain close liaison at all times with the adjuster and/or the insurer to ensure that your interests are properly protected and that the claim is settled promptly and adequately.
- Comply with your duty to provide full details of any incident or loss by submitting the appropriate claim form to Ernest R Shaw without delay and in any event within 14 days of the occurrence of the incident or loss. A delay in notifying an incident or loss or in submitting supporting information could otherwise prejudice your right to have the claim settled.