Cyber Liability insurance provides a comprehensive digital protection solution, which includes forensic investigation and data recovery services to help deter, detect and recover from misuse of IT equipment and theft or corruption of digitally held intellectual property.
Internet and networked technologies have changed many aspects of how business operates. While the benefits of using Internet-based and other technologies are numerous, so are the inherent risks, creating exposures that were virtually unheard of two decades ago.
- Theft or manipulation of sensitive or private information, such as financial or health records.
- Computer viruses that can destroy data, damage hardware, cripple systems and disrupt a business’ operations.
- Computer fraud.
- Liability: privacy and confidentiality.
- Copyright, trademark, defamation.
- Malicious code and viruses.
- Business interruption: network outages, computer failure.
- Attacks, unauthorized access, theft, website defacement and cyber extortion.
- Technology errors and omissions.
- Intellectual property infringement.